Thursday, January 23, 2014

WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY - Recipe for CROCK POT PESTO RANCH CHICKEN!!!

Oh boy, do I have something special for you on this WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!

So, I was browsing Pinterest the other day looking for new and easy recipes for one of our Sunday Family Dinners!   I saw a neat post from Jenny over at Picky Palate. She posted a recipe for "Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs" and it looked so easy.   

I'm not a fan of chicken thighs, but I love me some boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins.   So, I decided to adapt this recipe for one of our Sunday Family Dinners, where I try to make something I've never made before. 

Jenny, I wish you lived close, so I could come over and give you a HUGE HUG!   This recipe couldn't be easier to make!   Here's what I used:



12-16 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Tenderloins (fresh or frozen!  I used frozen!)
1 6 oz jar of pesto
1 packet of Ranch Dips or Ranch dressing seasoning mix
1/2 cup of chicken broth

That's it!   First you put the chicken tenderloins in there.  You can even put them in frozen and they'll cook up great!   I don't like defrosting chicken, which is just one more reason I LOVE MY CROCK POT!!!  

Then you spoon in the pesto from the jar.  


Then you add the packet of Ranch Seasoning Mix...



Then add the chicken broth, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours!   

I cooked mine on low for just a little over 7 hours.

Here is the chicken served up in the serving bowl.  It was moist, and falling apart delicious!


I sure wish this picture didn't come out so blurry....I put mine on top of pasta, but did set aside some rice for my daughter, because she's in kind of a "no-pasta" phase...lol

This was a huge hit.  My whole family raved about this dish!  My son kept asking for more of the sauce to go with his pasta, and my daughter said "OOH, I LOVE THIS, MAMA!"

So, Jenny, I thank you, for making my family so happy by allowing me to make your recipe and create a dish they loved!  This will be a new menu-regular in our home!!!

Well, I hope you enjoyed this WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY!   Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope you'll come back soon!  


This post has been added to:
Tuesday To Do








No comments:

Post a Comment