Tuesday, January 14, 2014

WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY - Brandilyn's Bean Soup!

Hi again and welcome to another edition of WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY!   I'm sorry it's been a while since I posted a recipe, but I hope to make up for it in today's post!!

About  2 weeks before we moved, our awesome Florida friends threw us a going-away party!  It was such a special and wonderful time with great people who I'm already missing a lot!!!

At that party, one of my friends brought this amazing soup, which was a huge hit with all the partygoers, including myself and my family.   I told her I just had to have this recipe and she was kind enough to share it.   We made it again and it was so tasty!   I thought I'd share this wonderful soup, perfect for those cold winter evenings to come home to, since it cooks in the crock pot!!!!

I call it "BRANDILYN'S Bean Soup!"  I don't think that's it's real name, but that is what I'm calling it because it came from my friend Brandilyn...and....it has beans!  haha!

The ingredients are simple.


1 packet of Ranch Seasoning mix
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1 lb of ground turkey or ground beef (browned)
1 can of whole kernel corn or 1 bag of frozen corn
1 large can diced or crushed tomatoes (28 or 29 oz)
1 can of stewed tomatoes (optional)
1 large can of baked beans (or 2 small cans),
1 cans of black beans,
1 can of red kidney beans
1 can of white beans
 
Do not drain any of the cans.
 
The size of the cans will all depend on how much room you have in your pot. You can actually use any kinds of beans you like, if you don't like any of the types listed.

Put all ingredients in a large pot or crockpot, and again, do not drain any of the cans. Let cook till hot.   With the already cooked meat, you can set it on warm all day, or on low for about 4 hours. 

You can serve it as is in a bowl....

Or top it with cheddar cheese and sour cream, which is what I did.  YUM!!!   Both ways are really yummy, though!  This has a slightly sweet tang to it (most likely because of the baked beans and the ranch packet)  and it was very delicious!

This would be an awesome soup to make for a Super Bowl Party...It's also low in calories (if you don't load it with cheese and sour cream like I did...haha!)  and low in fat if you use ground turkey or lean ground meat!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!   I hope you enjoyed today's WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY!   I hope you get a chance to try this easy and yummy soup!   I'd love to hear what you think of it, if you try it!  Our whole family liked it a lot!
 
Have a wonderful day! 
 
This post is being added to...
 
 


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an easy, delicious meal for a crowd...like a Sunday football party! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete