Tuesday, January 14, 2014

MONTHLY MONDAY MANTLE! Wrapped in Icy Cool Blue!

Hi everyone!

I hope you're having a great start to your week!

Welcome to my very first MONTHLY MONDAY MANTLE!!!    As you may have read in earlier posts, we recently moved back to the Midwest after living in Florida for some time.   I loved the beautiful weather that Florida had and the warm winters that felt like a 6 month spring!  

However, one of the things that I love about our new home is that we have FIREPLACES!!!!    I love fireplaces for those chilly mornings and nights!   I also love that I have this wonderful mantle in my living room and very neutral décor that I plan to use to decorate with a different theme each month!  

This is so exciting to me!!!  I've always wanted a room that was versatile enough for me to decorate with the seasons, and now I have one! 

So without further Ado, here is January's MONTHLY MONDAY MANTLE!   I'm calling it "Wrapped in Icy Cool Blue".   I wanted the colors to be various hues of blue, silver and white.


 

I started with an old picture frame from an old picture that I painted white and added some wrapping paper to.  The hanger in the back is broken so I just set it on top of the mantle.


Then, on either side are my white candleholders from Ikea in the various sizes, topped with pillar candles.  Under the pillow candles, I hung some snowflake ornaments.  

In the middle is a glass pedestal with a plate and 4 sparkly ornaments on it.  

Then I wrapped the mantle in some pretty blue and silver tinsel that I got from Walmart and some blue lights I found on a super sale at Old Time Pottery.

Here it is all lit up from our dining room, which is decorated in the same theme this month!  I'll be sharing that table for our next TABLESCAPE TUESDAY, so Stay tuned!  =D

It's a simple mantle, but I like how it turned out for my first time!  

I hope you'll come back and join me for another MONTHLY MONDAY MANTLE next month, but in the meantime, please be on the lookout for some yummy recipes and seasonal tablescapes coming later this month! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope to see you again soon!  Have a great week!


1 comment:

  1. Very nice! The colors bring a lot of cheer to the mantel and to the whole room in general!

    Hope you're loving your new house!!!

    ReplyDelete