Wednesday, June 5, 2013

WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY - Recipe for a Light, Summer Dessert - PINEAPPLE ANGEL FOOD CAKE!

Hey all!

Happy Wednesday!  

Today I wanted to share a really light, fluffy and YUMMY dessert I found on Pinterest recently and tried out.   This pin went to a spam site, so I'm not actually sure where the original recipe came from.  The description was in the pin so I just made it according to the directions on the pin itself.   The best part about this delicious recipe is that it's SO EASY!  I couldn't even believe how easy it was!   And the taste was really delicious...especially if you like Pineapple...WHICH I DO!   lol

It's a recipe for an easy PINEAPPLE ANGEL FOOD CAKE!

Your ingredients?  SIMPLE!

1 Box of Angel Food Cake Mix
1 Can of crushed pineapple (20 oz)

That's it!!!  This was so easy, my kiddos helped me make this and I had no worries that the recipe was going to get messed up!  haha!

You mix the angel food cake mix and the crushed pineapple in its juices together, and when you do, it fizzes up and is a lot of fun for the kids to watch!

Then pour into a greased glass cake pan  (I used a 9 x 13 cake pan)  and VOILA!   Into the oven for 30 minutes at 350 and you've got a beautiful, light and delicious fruity cake that made a great summertime treat!

I hope you enjoy this recipe if you make it.  It couldn't be easier and I just loved it!   I will definitely make this again!


It's perfect chilled and topped with some whipped cream or ice cream!


Thanks for joining me today and I hope you'll come on back tomorrow and post your own creativity at 8pm ET for the FESTIVE FRIDAY FIESTA Link Party!    Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. In my oven now:) Hope it turns out good

    ReplyDelete