Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY! Recipe for Super Easy Ice Cream Cake!

Hi all!

Welcome to another WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY!!!

I am really excited about this recipe I'm going to share with you!   It couldn't have come at a better time, too! 

My son's best friend was coming over to our house...this is the friend that a few weeks ago, we had planned to go to his Birthday party, but my kids were actin' up, somethin' CRAZY, so we ended up not going to the party. 

We knew he'd be sad that his best friend (my son) couldn't come to his party, so we wanted to make it up to him when he came over.

We put up a big "Happy Birthday Banner" and got his presents and homemade cards together...and I decided to make this recipe....It was SO easy and all the kids LOVED it!!!   Everyone had seconds, and some even wanted to go for THIRDS!!   My son even asked me to make this for HIM on HIS Birthday...which is several months away!

It's a SUPER EASY Homemade ICE CREAM CAKE!!!

All you'll need are...

1 box of 12 Ice Cream Sandwiches
1 tub of cool whip
1 bottle of magic shell
And any extra toppings you'd like (the original recipe used crushed oreos on top, too, which looked really good!)

I really wish I would have gotten more pictures because it was so easy, but I did get some of the finished product!   I'll also include some pictures form the original recipe to show you how easy it is to make this!!

You start out by making a layer of three ice cream sandwiches right next to eachother.  Then add a thin layer of magic shell to the top of that....

Then add another layer of three ice cream sandwiches, but this time going the opposite way (so if you started laying them vertically, for this next layer, set them horizontally, or vice versa)

Do that for 4 layers of 3 to use all 12 sandwiches.
 

Then cover with the cool whip, like a frosting

Then add your drizzles of Magic Shell, and other toppings.  We used red sugar sprinkles  and made the chocolate drizzles in a checkered pattern for interest.  Here it is with the candles already in it for my son's friend.


 
 You'll want to store the finished cake in the freezer until about 10 minutes before serving, then put it in the fridge until time to serve.
 

This makes an adorable little ice cream cake for a smaller crowd.  



It was so easy to make...the kids helped me make it, which made it even more special for them....and to us, it was just as good as a fancy ice cream cake...and a LOT cheaper!   

Here's my son's best friend blowing out the candles on his special cake while my son takes a video! 


Thanks so much for joining me for this WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY!   Have a great day and I look forward to seeing you again soon!!!

This post is being added to....
Wonderful Food Wednesdays
Foodie Friday
On The Menu Monday 




2 comments:

  1. Uh oh, this looks a little too easy! Wow, instant cake! Very fun and looks like it tastes amazing!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever idea! Thanks for sharing. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete