Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY!!! Easy Corn Casserole recipe!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

How are you doing today?  I hope better than I am...I'm sick, and I'm just feeling miserable.  It's a sinus infection that I seem to get a couple times a year, and was just recently thinking that it had been a while since I'd been sick...and then!  POW!  

However, I didn't want to miss out on sharing this yummy recipe with you.  This is great for potlucks, or chili suppers and is super yummy!

It's a recipe for EASY "GOLDEN CORN CASSEROLE"!

I got the recipe here.  The "Taste of Home" recipe site and cookbooks are wonderful.  I was first introduced to them when my mom got me one of their "best recipes of 1999" cookbook...they had so many great recipes in there!  

I thought this was the same recipe for corn casserole that my mom makes and that I love, but this one is different....still yummy, though.   This recipe was submitted by a user of the site, and it was so easy to make that I knew I had to try it...because...as you know, I'm ALL ABOUT EASY!

Without further ado, on to the recipe!  Here's what you'll need...

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
  •  2 cans of chicken breast or 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded/chopped (Optional- We did add this to make it a meal in itself, but it is not necessary)

  •  
    In a large bowl, beat the eggs, dip, butter, corn bread mix, salt and pepper until combined. Stir in the corn (and chicken if you're using it).

    Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. 

    This recipe will serve 8-10 people....We ended up having leftovers which reheated fine the next day!

    The verdict??  A hit with the adults...a miss with the kids. 
     
    I served this twice...once for a meal with just our family, and once at a Memorial Day BBQ we had on Sunday.  It was the same at both events...the adults liked it, the kids did NOT!  lol
     
    Sooo...if you're going to a potluck with mostly adults, this might be a good option to bring...a kid's party with mostly kids?  I might make something else...haha!
     
    Hope you enjoyed this WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY!  Come on back tomorrow (Thursday) at 8pm ET and post your OWN recipes, tablescapes, DIY's, home décor....basically YOUR creativity on our FESTIVE FRIDAY FIESTA Link party....I'd love to see what YOU'RE up to!  

    Have a great week!
     
     

     

    4 comments:

    1. Seriously? The kids didn't care for it? Well...that' just makes more for me!!!! :-) Maybe if you put something colorful in there like diced red and green peppers...think they'd go for it then? I don't know. Kids are weird. :-)

      My Mom recently made corn pudding. She remembered that her Grandmother used to make it and so she gave it a try. I liked it. I could have used a little more flavoring, but overall it was pretty tasty. Yours turned out really pretty!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That's what we said too....haha...although they did have to eat it when I served it to them for dinner, but they didn't take any on BBQ day...haha! Yes, I have two very picky kids when it comes to food, so I am usually very surprised when they both like something...usually it's one or the other...but in this case, neither of them liked it. My hubby and I really liked it, though...and we ate several pieces! =D

        Delete